Thursday, July 2, 2009

Daddy..Daddy..Daddy

The other day I took my two youngest boys to Sports Authority to pick up a few things. It had been raining for most of the day, and we just needed to get out of the house for a little bit.

I sort of wish that I had one of those little hand held counter devices to keep track of the number of times I heard the word "Daddy" along the way. The each had question after question for me. Most of them were about baseball. Some of them were about driving a car. But they were non-stop!

For about a second I noticed myself getting tired of hearing "Daddy.." so many times. Then I remembered how good it feels to have them asking me questions. I want to be the one that they come to whenever they want to get an answer to something. Anything. For now, it's about sports or cars, but how cool will it be when they come to me with questions about girls? About jobs? About family? About Christ? If I were to just ask them to stop asking so many questions now when they are young, what would make them come to me when the questions are more serious?

My wife is taking all three boys on a trip with my mother-in-law for a couple of weeks. I'm really going to miss her. I'm also going to miss hearing "Daddy" followed by a question each time.

1 comment:

Gamb said...

Wonderful post! I want to see the same in future Keno