Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Family Fun Idea #4

Bowling Anyone?

Growing up in Wisconsin, there wasn't a whole lot of things to do, especially in over the winter. Bowling was something I did with my brother and my parents from a very young age, and continued all through high school. I have some very vivid memories of my dad trying to help me get better, telling me I needed to slow down a little. It took a number of years before I finally listened, and ended up getting to be a pretty good bowler. It's a little embarrassing to admit that, but it's the truth.


I know that when I started coming up with ideas to do with your family I wanted to make sure that nothing was too expensive. Unlike the old days when I used to pay a buck-a-game, it's more like $4 or $5 now. Well, with a family of 5, that's over $20 for just one game, not including the shoe rental. The trick to this suggestion (and something you can definitely use on some of the others) is to search out different coupons and special offers that the bowling alley may offer. You can be certain that a Saturday or Sunday afternoon is not the best time to go when it comes to saving money. There are typically specials over the summer, during the day, especially for kids. I know Angie took the boys and some of their friends this afternoon, and not only are the games cheaper, but they have a nice package that includes 2 games of bowling, shoe rental, lunch and a few tokens for the video games all for around $8 each. It still isn't something you can afford to do all the time, but once in awhile it is a great treat for the kids and another great opportunity to spend time together as a family.

No comments: